Barstool Sports CEO Erika Nardini has left WWE’s board of directors.
a new WWE SEC filing announced today that Nardini has resigned from the Board of Directors. The filing also included today’s announcement about the election of Michelle McKenna and JoEllen Lyons Dillon to the board of directors, which you can read about here with comments from WWE President and Co-CEO Stephanie McMahon.
The filing states: “On September 15, 2022, the Board of Directors of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (the “Company”) JoEllen Lyons Dillon and Michelle McKenna elected as directors of the Company. Each of Mrs. Dillon and McKenna will remain in office until the next annual shareholders’ meeting. There are no arrangements or understandings with any person under which either person is elected to be a director of the company, nor are there any dealings directly or indirectly with either person that would require disclosure under Section 404(a) of Regulation SK under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Ms. Dillon and Ms. McKenna have been determined by the Board to meet the independence requirements of the applicable rules of the New York Stock Exchange and the Securities and Exchange Commission. Mrs. Dillon and McKenna have not been appointed to the company’s standing committees. They will be entitled to our normal board fees for non-executive directors. The company will also enter into an indemnity agreement with each of Ms. Dillon and McKenna in the same form that the Company has entered into with its other non-executive directors. Coinciding with the election of Mrs. Dillion and McKenna, Erika Ayers Nardini has resigned from the Board of Directors. With the recent acquisition of Barstool Sports by Penn Entertainment, Ms. Ayers Nardini’s time will be focused on the next chapter of this company and partnership. Ms. Ayers Nardini’s decision to resign from the Board of Directors was not due to any dispute or disagreement with the Company, management or any matter relating to the Company’s activities, policies or practices.”
Nardini was first elected to the WWE board on October 5, 2020.
The 11-member WWE board of directors now consists of the following people:
* WWE President and Co-Chief Executive Officer Stephanie McMahon
* WWE Co-CEO Nick Khan
* WWE Chief Content Officer Triple H
* Former Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Officer of The ExOne Company JoEllen Lyons Dillon
* State Farm Arena & Atlanta Hawks Chief Executive Officer Steve Koonin
* Majid Al Futtaim Chief Executive Officer of Leisure, Entertainment & Cinemas Ignace Lahoud
* The Michelle McKenna Collaborative Founder & Chief Executive Officer Michelle McKenna
* Verzuz chairman Steve Pamon
* Jit Singh, former president of Home Entertainment at Sony Pictures Entertainment,
* Six Flags Inc. Former Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer Jeffrey R. Speed
* General Motors Senior Vice President Innovations & Growth Alan M. Wexler
Follow Marc on Twitter at @this_is_marc. Send us news, tips or corrections by clicking here.